Keep Going

Wow, its been 5 months plus since my last entry.

My life as an adult has been an endless roller coaster ride. Full of ups and downs. In fact, I feel like I am at the down side of it. Barely surviving. To be honest, work is slowly taking up more than half of my day ever since a month ago. Finally living the life of an auditor, I guess.

When I was an intern, my life was a bit hectic but at least I never work at night nor during weekends. No unread emails, no pending files etc. Every time I receive reviews on my work, I will amend it immediately. Sadly, thats not how my life is now. Unread emails are always there. Reviews too. I am trying to juggle between 6 engagements at the moment and I am telling you, it aint easy.

Back then, my job scopes were restricted to what had been assigned to me. Now, I have been exposed to more tasks which are something new to me. I am now, expected to assist and complete tasks, even if I am not assigned to them.

If you ask me, what keeps me going? My answer would be; my colleagues and nice managers.

Tonight, I am reminded again of why I chose to still stay with this firm. My colleagues are so wonderful inside out. Never selfish, always willing to help, very entertaining, playful and we call each other, 'boss' and 'power staff' loooolllll. The best part of it, we think alike. We click so well when we make inside jokes. Meanwhile, my managers are always patient with me. Forever willing to teach and guide me in areas that I am lacking in.

Being an auditor, I dont get to stay in office for most of the time. So,  I dont really get to see my colleagues (specifically those with same rank as me) (because we understand each other better). There was one time when everyone had to be back in office for a meeting and I just got so excited!! It feels nice seeing them after so long. Seeing their tired face gives me assurance that we are definitely going through hell together LOL. Ok, jokes aside.

I hope one day if I feel like giving up, I can re-read this entry and gain strength again.

P/S: Bowling session tonight was so much fun! Here's to more bowling games together 

Comments